[mail-vet-discuss] abnf tweak

2008-02-29 08:55:59

      header = "Authentication-Results:" [CFWS] authserv-id
               [CFWS [version]]
               *( ";" methodspec
                      *( CFWS reasonspec )
                      *( CFWS propspec
) [CFWS] ) CRLF

      reasonspec = "reason=" dkim-quoted-printable

A bit of trivial:

is there a reason for making the optional parameters order-dependent, given
that
they are self-labeing (and even can occur multiple times)?

If not, I suggest:

               *( ";" methodspec
                     *( CFWS (reasonspec / propspec ) [CFWS] ) CRLF

I should also ask:  is it really ok to have a methodspec and no reasonspec or
propspec?  That's what the current abnf allows, but I'm not sure I understand
the semantics.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker