Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Straw consensus call on auth-header draft

2008-10-13 13:38:56
Lisa Dusseault wrote:
A)  auth-header to not require any feature advertising or auto-configuration
B) auth-header to normatively RECOMMEND some kind of feature advertising
C) auth-header to normatively REQUIRE some kind of feature advertising

I'm currently between A and B.  I'm fine with referencing possible
solutions, but I'm not sure I agree with the need for any normative
language.

Separately, the unspecified feature advertising or auto-conf should be
(choose one or more):
1) IMAP Capabilities advertising
2) E/SMTP capabilities
3) IMAP annotations
4) Something else
5) Nothing

I don't think 3 is relevant here.  It specifies a different mechanism
entirely.

1 & 2 are what the draft should mention as experimental possibilities.

4 would include DKIM signing.  I'd be fine with adding a SHOULD there.