mharc-users

Re: mharc global search

2002-07-25 11:13:38
On July 25, 2002 at 13:58, Jorge Granjal wrote:

How can I use namazu to search *all* the mharc
archives? I'm using mharc to archive around
120 mailing lists and in old "mhonarc only" days
I used htdig to implement this kind of search.

I would eventually like mharc to support multiple search engines,
but namazu is currently the simpliest to use.  I would like to
add htdig support also.

As to your question, there are two approaches:

1. You can pass multiple idxname arguments to namazu.cgi to
   tell it to search more than one index.  However, this can be
   a little cumbersome if you have many lists.  Many namazu users
   usually provide a checkbox of what they want to search (or a
   multiple select list).

2. Index all lists under one index.  mharc does not currently support
   this type of invocation directly, so you would have to set things
   up yourself.

Of course, you could disable namazu entirely and customize the template
files to use markup that interacts with htdig (since you are familiar
with it).  There is currently no global disable search in mharc,
but you can specify the following for each list in lib/lists.def,

  No-Search: 1

To get the same effect.  Then you can call htdig outside of mharc
(probably after read-mail is called) to update the search index.

Sorry that there is no simple answer to your question,

--ewh