mharc-users

mharc on Windows

2002-08-18 06:18:46
Actually, I only have MHonArc and namazu running on Windows.
Procmail and mharc (and my MTA) are running on cygwin.  I guess
the reason I'm doing this is I am serving the pages on
Windows IIS. The perl on cygwin is the pre-compiled 5.6.1. The perl
on Windows is my build of 5.8.0.

Everything is working except $ROOT_URL/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi.exe.
mknmz is creating the indexes and I can search using namazu from
the command line, but I can't get CGI searches working with
namazu called from CGI.

Perhaps it is a problem with namazu.cgi.exe. I don't think it can
be the result of the two perls, because namazu is C. I will have
to ask on the namazu list.

I changed mnav.cgi to mnav.pl to use the file extension
assocaition with perl. I also had to set
MKNMZ_TMPL_DIR=C:/mharc-0.5.1/cgi-bin/template
I set MKNMZ=C:/namazu/bin/mknmz, but I don't know if that is
necessary.

I guess the values which get passed to namazu and mknmz have to
be in DOS filename format.

--
Greg Matheson                    Anyone who doesn't make mistakes
Chinmin College                  isn't trying hard enough.