mharc-users

Re: configuring mharc

2002-09-14 22:02:52
On September 14, 2002 at 16:49, Eugene Eric Kim wrote:

I just got started playing with mharc.  I have MHonArc installed in
/usr/local/mhonarc, with the library files in /usr/local/mhonarc/lib.
When I ran make configure, mhonarc-check couldn't find the MHonArc library
files, and so make configure failed.

This was easy to solve; I just added:

  use lib '/usr/local/mhonarc/lib';

to mhonarc-check.  However, it seems to me that having to do this is a
bug, because I should be able to define this in config.sh.

You can define it in config.sh, but you are correct that
'make configure' will fail the first time if the mhonarc libs are
not in the default Perl search path.

The fix is too remove the mhonarc-check dependency for the configure
target and move the check call into the configure target after the call
to apply-config.

Earl, are you planning to write a tool (similar to MHonArc's install.me)
for generating config.sh and lists.def?  That would also allow you to
define the location for the Perl binary as well, which is currently
hardcoded.

I have been thinking about it, but they way mharc is setup, the
current install.me is not sufficient.  It is on the TODO list.

Incidentally, I thought about submitting this as a bug to Savannah, but I
didn't for two reasons.  First, it's not so much a bug as it is a
suggestion.  Second, there isn't a bug tracking category for mharc.

I've just add a Category for it.

Thanks for the report.

--ewh