mharc-users

Re: mharc newbie problem

2002-09-26 15:19:32
On September 26, 2002 at 16:34, "Scipioni, Christopher" wrote:

I setup the mailing list in majordomo and added the appropriate lines to the
/etc/mail/aliases for mhonarc processing and ran newaliases.

Why do this?  If you are using mharc, you should not do this.  Mharc
processes the incoming mail spool, there is *no* need to add any
entries into /etc/mail/aliases to call mhonarc.

That portion
works and html pages are generated by mhonarc when an email is sent to the
alias.  I then added the list info to the mharc lists.def file, in the same
format as the current mailing list, and then ran make configure so that it
would generate the new procmailrc.mharc file.  I then manually ran the
crontab line which runs read-mail.  Still no luck generating the html pages
from mharc.

If you are using mharc, you never have to invoke mhonarc directly.  mharc
does that for you.

It appears that the /etc/mail/aliases setup you did with mhonarc causes
mharc to never receive any messages.

If you are using mharc, you should not be setting anything up that
calls mhonarc directly.

--ewh