mharc-users

[approved] mharc newbie problem

2002-09-29 15:08:45
Hello,

I'm a relative newbie to mharc and mailing list processing.  I have a Unix
server running Solaris 2.6, that is setup with majordomo and I was recently
asked to assist with the setup of mhonarc and afterwards, mharc.  We were
able to get that working and when emails are sent to the email alias,
mhonarc and mharc do generate the html pages properly.  So far, so good.  I
was then asked to setup a new mailing list with the added mharc
functionality.

I setup the mailing list in majordomo and added the appropriate lines to the
/etc/mail/aliases for mhonarc processing and ran newaliases.  That portion
works and html pages are generated by mhonarc when an email is sent to the
alias.  I then added the list info to the mharc lists.def file, in the same
format as the current mailing list, and then ran make configure so that it
would generate the new procmailrc.mharc file.  I then manually ran the
crontab line which runs read-mail.  Still no luck generating the html pages
from mharc.

I checked the procmail.log file in the ~mharc/log directory and I do not see
any reference to the new mailing list, but there are several entries for the
current working list.

So, I'm wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to
troubleshoot this issue further.  Thanks ahead of time for any info!!

-Chris