mharc-users

A general overview

2003-08-08 12:57:04

I want to archive my mailing list.  I've sucessfully installed MHonArc
and Namazu, and both are working correctly for the list.  I'm doing
tis on a machine where I'm not root, and have local .qmail files to
process mail coming from the outside.

I have an email address dedicated to recieving the email and puttinjg
it in the archive.  Right now, the .qmail (aka .forward) file for this
address pipes the mail into MHonArc.

I'm trying to get mharc set up.  My questions:

1. should I change my .qmail to deliver to an mbox file, and then tell
mharc where that file is (via ORGMAIL)?  This seems like what is
expected.

2. I do *not* pump the mail into procmail with mharc's custom
procmailrc, correct?

3. What directories that mharc creates during installation must I put
into my website?  just html and cgi-bin?  Do i need the mbox folder as
well?

4. what set of files do i need installed into the web directories?
I'm wary of putting all the *.cgi/*.cgi.in from cgi-bin/* there.
Thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Warren

--