mharc-users

Re: creating separate .htaccess files for different lists?

2003-11-05 07:40:16
On Monday, November 3, 2003, at 05:31 PM, Richard Morse wrote:

Hi! One thing I just discovered (see my previous message) is that the directories for the lists are apparently completely deleted and recreated when a "make rebuild" (and, I guess a regular add) is done. I have a number of mailing lists that I'm archives, from two separate groups. I _need_ to be able to apply different passwords to the lists from the various groups. I had assumed that I could just stick a .htaccess file into each directory, but if the directory is going to be deleted, the .htaccess file will be deleted as well. Is there any obvious solution to this that I'm missing? Is there something that I can pass to mharc that tells it not to delete and re-create the directories?

So, I've figured out how to work around this (using etc/apache.conf), but it would still be nice if it were doable...

Ricky