mharc-users

Re: Question about matching of addresses...

2003-11-10 13:21:54
On November 7, 2003 at 16:33, Richard Morse wrote:

If you do not want this, the recommended solution is define your
lists in lists.def that triggers off something more unique, like
List-Id.  You can do this by using the Procmail-Condition option
instead of using the Address option.

Any suggestions on tutorials for how to use this?  I've discovered some
really weird things going on with a bunch of older messages, and I'd
like to be able to better filter these...

Procmail-Condition follows the same rules that a regular procmail
rule does.  If you just want to match list-id header fields, you
do something like:

  Name: mylist
  Procmail-Condition: * ^List-Id: <mylist\.example\.com>

BTW, if importing older messages with unpredictable headers, you
could mbox-month-pack directly to import the messages to avoid
having a complicated lists.def.

--ewh