mharc-users

Re: mbox format question

2004-05-25 21:08:51
I have lot of archived email files that are in an
unknown format (described below). In order to use them
with mharc, I need to convert it to mbox format. Any
help will be appreciated. The format is as follows:

Are you using a UNIX-based system?  If so, you can use formail to do it,
something like

   egrep -v '_{80}' mbox | formail -des > mbox.new

mbox.new should then contain a Berkeley-style mbox that MHonArc can
parse.

Chris