mharc-users

Malformed UTF-8 character

2005-06-14 08:40:18

Hello ,

I have a problem when files are indexed by /usr/bin/mknmz.
It 's a known problem in this list mharc-users(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org:

Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xb8, with no
prece.............

I saw in this list that I had to change the $LANG to C  before running mharc
scripts ...
I did this but nothing was changed , i had always the same error.

$ export LANG=C
$ locale
LANG=C
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_PAPER="C"
LC_NAME="C"
LC_ADDRESS="C"
LC_TELEPHONE="C"
LC_MEASUREMENT="C"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="C"
LC_ALL=

It's very annoying because the indexation in all  the list doesn't be  ok
....when I search something which is in a message , I always have "No document
matching your query" ....

In my list directory I have all the  files named  NMZ....i  and the NMZ.w
contains the word I'm looking for ..... but namazu doesn't find it .....

If i delete in the mbox the message which have "Malformed UTF-8 character
(unexpected continuation byte 0xb8, with no prece............." ( and run a
web-archive -rebuild liste ) all is ok  ....

what must I do ? I can't delete all the bad files ....

thank's for your response ......

   Marie-Noelle DAUPHIN
   IDRIS/CNRS
   Batiment 506 - B.P. 167 - 91403 Orsay Cedex - France
   Telephone : 33. 1. 69.35.85.41
   Telecopie : 33.1 69.35.37.75  Messagerie : dauphin(_at_)idris(_dot_)fr

   MIME messages welcome