mharc-users

Re: namazu: References: [ (can't open the index) ]

2005-08-30 10:22:26
On August 30, 2005 at 15:22, saf wrote:

I index new mailing lists and newsgroups, but when I make a search,
I get the error message:

Results:

No document matching your query.

Should mknmz not be started automatically when I run "make readmail" ?

mknmz greates the search index.  namazu, or namazu.cgi, executes
queries on the index.

In the root of each list archive, there should be NMZ.* files present.
These files are Namazu search index files.

I'd first check the permission on the files so namazu.cgi has read
access to them.

To verify the search index, you can run the namazu command from
the command-line to see if it operates as expected.  For example:

  namazu -f $SW_ROOT/cgi-bin/.namazurc <query> $HTML_DIR/<list-name>

--ewh