mharc-users

Re: spool and courier-mta

2006-04-16 01:13:10
I think I solved the problem. I finally understood how this is supposed to
work.

courier-mta natively uses maildir. As far as I know maildir is not supported
by mharc.

What I first tried was to make courier not deliver to the maildir but to
directly filter through the procmail script and have only web-archive and not
read-mail in the crontab. Unfortunately this produced a broken mbox which was
not processed correctly by web-archive, procmail seems to expect a special
mbox formatted input.

I then noticed that maildrop, couriers scripting engine, can also deliver to
mbox. So I wrote a maildrop script to deliver the mail to a mbox file, and
then pointed mharc to the file. This seems to work, unlike procmail maildrop
produced a valid mbox file.

If anyone needs a more detailed explanation, drop me a line.

Thanks, Philipp