mhonarc-dev

[Bug #1423] Warning Unable to process data: multipart/mixed;boundary="-----=_Next_Item:A3CB49KFSA19"

2002-10-15 15:19:26

=================== BUG #1423: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=1423&group_id=1968

Changes by: Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com>
Date: 2002-Oct-15 17:19 (US/Central)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
           Bug Group | Crash Error               | Undesired Behavior
          Resolution | None                      | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

[Not a Bug]
The messages in the mailbox provided are malformed
multipart messages.  There is no terminating boundary
for each message.  I do not consider this a bug against
MHonArc, but it does test how well MHonArc recovers from
malformed data.

In this case, it does not recover well.  I have checked in
a new version of readmail.pl into CVS that checks for the
case that no terminating boundary delimiter is present.

New version tested against supplied mailbox, and message
body data is now showing up in converted message pages.  readmail.pl issues a
warning if no terminating boundary
delimiter is found.

=================== BUG #1423: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: rblaust                   Project: MHonArc
Submitted on: 2002-Oct-15 10:29
Category:  Mail Parsing                 Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  Undesired Behavior          Resolution:  Fixed
Assigned to:  None                      Status:  Closed
Platform Version:  Win32                Effort:  0.00
Component Version:  2.5.12              Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  Mhonarc version 2.5.12 (we had the same issue with
version 2.5.11)
Perl version 5.006.001
Win2K Server
Exchange version
Exchange inbox is converted to Netscape format by using UniAccess version 2.2

Warning messages appears where the message body should be.  The header
information seems to be parsed ok...from, date, subject fields all ok.

Steps taken to reproduce error:
1.  send mail to designated mailbox (this could be simple text or html)
2.  run Uniaccess which reads inbox and creates new inbox file in Netscape
format
3.  run Mhonarc against new inbox.
Note:  We get the same warning even without using an mrc file and without
modifying any Mhonarc files.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Oct-15 17:19             By: ehood
[Not a Bug]
The messages in the mailbox provided are malformed
multipart messages.  There is no terminating boundary
for each message.  I do not consider this a bug against
MHonArc, but it does test how well MHonArc recovers from
malformed data.

In this case, it does not recover well.  I have checked in
a new version of readmail.pl into CVS that checks for the
case that no terminating boundary delimiter is present.

New version tested against supplied mailbox, and message
body data is now showing up in converted message pages.  readmail.pl issues a
warning if no terminating boundary
delimiter is found.

CC list is empty

File Attachments