mhonarc-dev

[Bug #3478] Quoted-Printable decoding should also work with lowercase hex numbers

2003-05-05 12:33:58
=================== BUG #3478: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3478&group_id=1968

Submitted by: wanted                  Project: MHonArc
Submitted on: Mon 05/05/2003 at 19:33
Category:  MIME Filter                Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  Feature Request           Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open
Platform Version:  All                Perl Version:  5.6.1
Component Version:  2.5.2             Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  During archive processing I've found some Subject: lines
are not properly decoded from Quoted-Printable in MHonarc.
After some investigation I've located the problem with such headers:
      Subject: =?ISO-8859-2?Q?guz_m=f3zgu?=
is caused by some popular webmail of a Polish portal site, which seems to
encode characters using lowercase hexadecimal (e.g. "f3") numbers, instead of
uppercase. RFC 1521 specifies, that the set [A-F] should be used,
but "robust" decoders could make the effort to also interpret [a-f] properly.

The fix is simple: in qprint.pl substitute:
s/=([0-9A-F]{2})/pack("H2",$1)/ge;
with:
s/=([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})/pack("H2",$1)/ge;

No Followups Have Been Posted