mhonarc-dev

[bug #5758] MULTIPG and NOSAVERESOURCES cause archive to be rewritten

2003-10-06 19:15:55
=================== BUG #5758: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=5758&group_id=1968

Submitted by: None                    Project: MHonArc
Submitted on: Mon 10/06/2003 at 22:14
Category:  Resources                  Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  Undesired Behavior        Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open
Platform Version:  Solaris            Perl Version:  5.8.0
Component Version:  2.6.8             Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  If you set both MULTIPG and NOSAVERESOURCES in your
resource
file, MHonArc re-generates the entire archive (i.e.,
rewrites every per-message .html file), even if you're
just trying to add one message with the -add option.  The
reason seems to be this code in mhopt.pl:

    if ($EDITIDX || ($OldMULTIIDX != $MULTIIDX)) {
        $UPDATE_ALL = 1;
    } else {
        $UPDATE_ALL = 0;
    }

The idea seems to be if you've changed from a multi-index
config to a single-index config, or vice versa, it's too
complex to update in place and we ought to just re-do the
whole thing from scratch.  That's reasonable; however, the
problem is that $OldMULTIIDX gets set from the saved
resources in the database, and if we don't have any
(because we specified NOSAVERESOURCES) it's not going to
match.  One fix might be to always save MULTIPG in the
database even if SAVERESOURCES is off.

No Followups Have Been Posted

CC list is empty

No files currently attached