mhonarc-dev

[bug #13853] creation of archive with attachments writes over symlinks

2005-07-19 18:14:40

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
        Platform Version: Linux
            Perl Version: 5.8.1
       Component Version: 2.6.11
           Fixed Release:

Details:

We use a symlink farm to house the on-disk archive state for local
reasons (v's real directories)

when a email with an attachment is received, the symlink is destroyed
and a directory recreated in its place. (as that is what dir_create does!)

in sub write_attachment (file mhmimetypes.pl) an unchecked call
to dir_create is made.

As a workaround I have conditionalised the use of dir_create as follows.

## check to see if the  symlink is already there! - tjm
    if ( !(-l $pathname) )
    {
        dir_create($pathname);
    }

While you obviously see the deletion of symlinks as a feature, I see it as
a bug. Perhaps you could add a configuration flag that will allow people
to selectively disable the symlink removal behaviour?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=13853>