mhonarc-dev

[bug #35388] commentized subjects allow PHP code injection

2012-01-29 12:29:34
Update of bug #35388 (project mhonarc):

Follow-up Comment #2:

I see nothing wrong with the recommend change, so I plan
on incorporating it.

If the X- comments are not needed (i.e. no need to perform
archive recovering from HTML pages or not post-processing
them for anything), you can disable the PRINTXCOMMENTS
resource.

Sorry about the auto-mails.  Unsure if savannah supports
suppression of the mail for items marked private.

NOTE: If privacy is the utmost concern, you should send
email directly to mhonarc(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org.  The FAQ mentions
this, but it appears I failed to note this in the user
docs.

BTW, the system that hosts mhonarc.org has recently moved,
so we are in the process of getting all the dependent software
re-installed on the new platform that is needed for performing
releases, so there will be delay for another release to be
made containing the security fix.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?35388>