mhonarc-dev

[bug #61151] URLs with linebreak

2021-09-13 03:49:44

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: All
            Perl Version: 0
       Component Version: 0
           Fixed Release:

Details:

I do not have any version information. It is about the MHonArc instance on
https://lists.debian.org/

I post to a list via text-only mails and keep lines less then 80chars. Because
of that I have linebreak some URLs. In my understanding the "standard" for
writing URLs in textmails is to close them into < >. Maybe I am wrong with
that assumption?

One example with a two-line URL.

[6] -- <https://www.medizin.uni-halle.de/einrichtungen/institute/
        gesundheits-und-pflegewissenschaft/team/buhtz-christian>

The resulting HTML just have the first line as a href-link

[6] -- &lt;<a  rel="nofollow"
href="https://www.medizin.uni-halle.de/einrichtungen/institute/";>https://www.medizin.uni-halle.de/einrichtungen/institute/</a>
        gesundheits-und-pflegewissenschaft/team/buhtz-christian&gt;

Full real example:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2021/09/msg00017.html

Expected behaviour:
If I am right with the "standard" about < and > I would excpect that MOhnArc
keep the < > into account when parsing URLs and transform them to a-tags.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61151>