mhonarc-users

Re: Install bug in DOS MHonArc

1996-02-25 23:13:21
The distribution .zip file contains truncated file names compared to the
distribution .tar.gz. file, names that have no more than eight characters
before the dot.  That works just fine on earlier DOS, but when one installs
on Windows 95 or Windows NT the install.me and mhonarc scripts refer to the
files by their full names as they appear under Unix.
We could distribute a .zip file with the long file names, but I'm not sure
that it would be usable under earlier DOS.

I go for this approach.  If there are problems with older versions of
DOS, so be it.  I'd venture to guess that the unzip programs will
automatically truncate filenames appropriately, regardless of the
version of DOS in use.