mhonarc-users

Re: Suggestion: using new feature of glimpse (fwd)

1996-04-30 04:28:20
On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Achim Bohnet wrote:

Set the modification date to the value given in the Received/Date
headers of the message. The date should be the same for all files
of a mime message.  This allows to completely rebuild an archive
and still be able to use the new -Y switch of glimpse.

Achim

Hi,
   I would like to add my voice to the request for an option to maintain
a `fixed' modification date on files. I am using MHonArc as part of a
private news system, and it is nice to do expiry based on the modification
date. I have a rather clumsy bodge involving shadow copies of the files
which I use to `retouch' the real files, but using the `received date'
would be a much nicer idea.
   Cheers,
      Roger
P.S. Sorry to Achim, who has seen this mail twice!