mhonarc-users

Re: a custom feature question about MHonArc

1996-12-11 15:36:48
[ also cc'ed to mhonarc list. Maybe someone has better ideas or there
  exists already such a setup? ]

Franc Brglez wrote:

I'll be asking students to install latest version of MHonArc shortly.
In addition to obvious uses for our site, we'd like to set up an open or
closed-group archive that would post

1) a list of accessible submission documents (posted by anyone)
2) a list of posted reviews for each submission, where ALL traces
   about author's identity/location have been removed BEFORE posting
   (we'd keep the date)

For example, the archive would appear something like the following on the
web:

Msg 1 -- Submisson Title 1 (with a posted URL for the Submisson)
        -- response: anonym review
        -- response: anonym review
        -- response: anonym review

Msg 2 -- Submisson Title 2 (with a posted URL for the Submisson)
        -- response: anonym review
        -- response: anonym review
        -- response: anonym review
        -- response: anonym review
        -- response: anonym review

Msg 3 -- Submisson Title 3 (with a posted URL for the Submisson)
        -- response: anonym review
        -- response: anonym review
etc ....

Any hints on best or better way to proceed to achieve this objective will
be timely and most appreciated.

I would suggest to use 2 email addresses one for submitions and one for
reviews. You could use two similar resource files for the setup. The
difference would be the customization of message header. (Check <excs>
and <fieldorder> resources.)

This index layout should be possible with a customized thread index.
mhoanrc2.0a2 allows to specify different markup for the start of an
thread and the rest messages of in the thread (check, e.g.,
http://www.rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de/mailing-lists/mhonarc/1996-11/msg00077.html

Of course this assumes that the response use in-reply-to (or references) in
their reply or do not change the subject.  This may not always the case.
Therefore I would suggest to moderate the submission list to ensure an
review is not send by accident to the submission list (in this case the
sender would be visible).

Rebuilding an archive has then also be a two step process so make sure
you save submission and reviews in different mailbox files.

Achim