mhonarc-users

Re: question

1997-08-26 08:52:01
is it possible to have multiple listarchive execution at one .procmailrc
file? if so can someone give me an idea how?? thanks very much

I'm assuming that you want to perform multiple actions for a single list?
Or do you just want one action for each list?

Anyhow, take a look at the man page for procmailex.  Here's an example
that might help you out (from my .procmailrc):

:0
{
   :0 c
   * ^From \/[^ ]+[ ]+
   | $SENDMAIL -f$MATCH listarchive

   :0
   Mail/iris-l/`date +%b%y`
}

:0
{
   :0 c
   * ^From \/[^ ]+[ ]+
   | $SENDMAIL -f$MATCH listarchive

   :0
   Mail/medit-plants/`date +%b%y`
}

So what this does is bounce any messages sent to me personally off to
an alias named listarchive, which in turn pumps it through another .procmailrc
that calls a script:

:0:
| $HOME/bin/listarchive.filter > /tmp/output2

That first example should show you how to have multiple rules within
a single file, as well as muliple steps to perform on a matching ruleset.

Chris