mhonarc-users

Re: reinstalled nt and mhonarc broke !!!

1997-11-11 16:00:27
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Laura I. Tapia wrote:

After re-installing Windows NT, Mhonarc seems to not be
functioning...

Running:

NT4.0
PERL 5
EUDORA LITE
MHONARC 2.1

Before the Nt re-install, we were running Mhonarc 1.2.1.
I downloaded 2.1 and answered the basic questions as to the
location of Perl and where I wanted the mhonarc files.
I did rename the old mhonarc program file before
installing the new one.

When i run the following,

perl c:\bin\mhonarc -mbox c:/eudora/in.mbx

The error:

Can't open perl script "c:\bin\mhonarc": No such file or directory

Any ideas ???

Did you also reinstall perl?

Does your perl now work with any other perl script besides mhonarc?
Perl is not a default part of NT, and its install process adds stuff
to the NT Registry to support perl.  If you haven't re-installed perl
the same way you had it before, things like mhonarc will all be broken.

--
Joi Ellis                   joi(_dot_)ellis(_at_)cdc(_dot_)com
Managed Services            /G=Joi/S=Ellis/O=CDS/P=CDC/A=ATTMAIL/C=US/