mhonarc-users

copying resource values

1998-03-14 06:58:27
Is it possible to re-use a defined resource as-is?
I looked around in the docs and source but didn't find anything.

For example, my TTopBegin and TSingleTxt resources are rather lengthy,
and exactly the same.  It would be easier to maintain if I could define
one as the other.

It would be even nicer to be able to define arbitrary bits to get
included as needed.  For example, I have a hunk of code that puts in a
search field that's useful in several resources.  Right now I repeat
it.  Naturally it would be nice to say something like
<define search>
</define>

<thead>
$search$
</thead>

I don't care about the syntax, of course.  Just for the idea.

Thanks,
karl(_at_)atg(_dot_)com