mhonarc-users

Re: Majordomo archive appended to maillist.html

1998-03-25 16:08:53
On March, 25 1998 at 21:34, Andrew Elwell wrote:

I use majordomo to run a mailing list, and it creates the normal
archives in ~majordom/archives/listname/listname.archive.yymm

majordom has an entry in the crontab that calls mhonarc nightly to
html-ise these to the /local/WWW tree (our webserver htdocs)

HOWEVER: (i am using mhonarc 2.1.0) the "maillist.html" gets appended
rather than overwritten as new messgaes are added.

is there a workaround?

I would guess that the maillist.html file got corrupted in some way.  A
fix is to delete maillist.html and run mhonarc with the -editidx option
to recreate it.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME