mhonarc-users

Re: Unable to create lock

1998-08-17 18:43:22
On August 17, 1998 at 22:35, Mats Dufberg wrote:

Once in a while mail to the archive is refuse with error
"ERROR: Unable to create /path/.mhonarc.lck after 20 tries"

I have increased both times between tries and the number of tries with
  -lockdelay 15 -locktries 20

The machine is quite busy. Has any one tried any other solutions such as
always "exit 75" (temporay failure) if locking fails?

v2.3 will do this (should be in the alpha release).

Note, if a MHonArc process abnormally terminated, the lock will
never get freed.  I need to look into better ways to deal with
stale locks (maybe create a pid file and do a kill 0).