mhonarc-users

Displaying date in the index

1999-02-02 17:44:57

This seems to have been mentioned a few times, but searching the list, I
haven't found a good answer.

I simply want to make my Mhonarc indexes (I use the defaults, order and
thread) display the date of the message.  I saw a number of pointers to a
separate perl script (prsfrom.pl) but no indication of how to actually use
it.  Other people said to check out the "Page Layout" section of the
documentation, but if the answer is there, I couldn't find it.

I acknowledge that any process used to get the date may have errors in it,
but anything is better than nothing.  I would be content to have the date
simply based on the "Recieved" field... or the "Date:" field.

I just want the indexes (at least the order one anyway) to look like:

- <SUBJECT>
        - <FROM>
        - <DATE>

instead of the

- <SUBJECT>
        - <FROM>

that is the default.

Is there a simple way to do this?  (Or a well documented complicated way)

Scott Wilson
swilson(_at_)pointy-haired-boss(_dot_)uchicago(_dot_)edu (among others)