mhonarc-users

Re: Install.me error

1999-03-09 17:55:47
On March 9, 1999 at 23:08, Mats Dufberg wrote:

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, McCartney, Wade wrote:

% perl install.me
syntax error in file install.me at line 36, next 2 tokens "use strict"
syntax error in file install.me at line 63, next 2 tokens "=>"
syntax error in file install.me at line 70, next 2 tokens "=>"
syntax error in file install.me at line 91, next 2 tokens "$Config:"
syntax error in file install.me at line 92, next 2 tokens "}"
Execution of install.me aborted due to compilation errors.

What version of perl are you using? 4.x? The script requires version 5.x
as far as I can see.

Correct.  As of v2.3.0 of MHonArc, a Perl 5 interpreter is required.
If you are stuck with a Perl 4 interpreter, you will have to use
v2.2, or earlier, of MHonArc.  Past versions of MHonArc are available
at <URL:http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/tar/>.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME