mhonarc-users

osinit.pl -- patch needed for MSDOS and Win3.x systems

1999-05-06 09:12:18
OSINIT.PL seems to be set up to cope only with WIN32 systems ... or
rather, I presume it is, because it doesn't work on my
MSDOS6.22/WfWG3.11 system.

Under my system,the OS type is returned as "dos" -- which currently
isn't recognised -- OSINIT.PL checks only for a string containing
"win"

The fix only needs a simple change to one line.

Lines 65-69 of OSINIT.PL read:

------------
    } elsif (($^O !~ /cygwin/i) &&
          ($^O =~ /win/i) &&
          ($tmp = $ENV{'COMSPEC'}) &&
      ($tmp =~ /[a-zA-Z]:\\/) &&
      (-e $tmp)) {
------------

That should be:

------------
    } elsif (($^O !~ /cygwin/i) &&
          ($^O =~ /win/i) &&
          (($^O =~ /win/i) || ($^O =~ /dos/i)) &&
      (-e $tmp)) {

I hope this can be incorporated in future releases.

Best wishes,
Claire

--
Claire McNab -- Claire(_at_)siberia(_dot_)demon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk

"I cannot leave the future alone.  I don't want it to go wonky"
-- Margaret Thatcher