mhonarc-users

Re: higher memory requirements in 2.4.0 ?

1999-06-27 15:57:31
On June 26, 1999 at 23:59, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

No changes were made to the (complicated) rcfile, except the removal
of a timezone resource. No changes were made to the (complicated)
command line arguments.

I'd be happy to supply the core file, database file, rcfile, command
line options, run profiling or debugging tools (need instructions) or
provide remote access to a machine that demonstrates the
problem. Here's some system information.

Can you send me your rcfile and command-line options you specify?  The
only thing I can think of off-hand that would consume more memory is
author and subject based sorting since there is a pre-extraction phase
to make comparisons quicker.

I do not know if there are any memory profilers for perl.  I'll
check the Devel::* modules, but I doubt there is anything.  If
anyone knows of any memory profile tools for perl, please drop
me a note.