mhonarc-users

Simple Admin Tool

1999-07-12 14:37:04
I have my website hosted with a provider that does not grant me shell
access to my account, so I have to run the MHonArc commands from cgi
scripts. Now I have made a template to make the archive administration
easier, and since there might be other people out there, that are
interested in making things go easier, I decided to make my little admin
tool available through this list.

Go to http://gunnar.cc/mhademo/mhaadmin-arc1.html if you want to know
more. Feel free to send an email message to testarch(_at_)gunnar(_dot_)cc,
update
the archive through the panel and study the result at
http://gunnar.cc/misc/archive/maillist.html .

The "add" and "remove" buttons work, but I disabled the option to enter
other commands in this demo installation. The reason is that you can
enter any general system command via the form, and I didn't want to tell
the world how to alter or remove my other files... :-) Consequently, if
you make use of the tool, I strongly recommend that you password protect
the directory where you put the html files.

These are the files I made:

File name               Need for editing
---------               ----------------
mhaadmin-arc1.html      Title
(frames file)           URLs to the other two files

mhaforms-arc1.html      URL to the script file (3 times)
                        URL to the archive's main index page

mhaadmin-arc1.cgi       Remove the .txt file name extension
                        Perl location
                        Five variables at the top of the script

Please feel free to download them from http://gunnar.cc/mhademo/ and
test the tool. I'd appreciate if you post your opinion.

Is there possibly a library with similar user contributions already?

Regards,

Gunnar

Phone:  +46 70 5508110       Internet:  mailbox(_at_)gunnar(_dot_)cc
Fax:    +46 70 6108110                  http://www.gunnar.cc