mhonarc-users

Re: No subject causing problems?

1999-07-22 17:04:52
On July 22, 1999 at 03:17, "SysAdmin, dte.net" wrote:

I notice that when the subject of an email is completely blank,
MhonArc shows it as blank and therefore no link to the message
can be made since there is no text to anchor to. Check out the
blank message on July 22 at:

http://www.imperialclub.com/archives/normal/maillist.html

If you want to see what I'm talking about. Of course it is easy
enough to change the code to replace an empty subject string with
the words 'no subject',

MHonArc already does this.  However, if you have defined
SUBJECTSTRIPCODE, it overrides this behavior.  Modify your
SUBJECTSTRIPCODE to check for a blank string after stripping
and set to 'no subject' if it is blank.

For example, after your main stripping code, add the following line:

    $_ = 'No Subject'  unless /\S/;