mhonarc-users

LSOFT to MHonArc amongst other questions..

1999-11-09 19:26:46
Hi there. I have a ton of LSOFT Listserv log files that I would like to convert to something that MHonArc can use to generate HTML for. Our list was kicked off the Listserv and we've started using Majordomo at a new home.

The Listserv logs are in a different filename than that Majordomo uses. I have the files in contour-l.logYYMMX where X is a letter cooresponding to the week name. A sample entry would look like this:

Date:         Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:58:24 -0400
Sender:       "Ford Contour, Mondeo, and Mercury Mystique Discussion List"
              <CONTOUR-L(_at_)AMERICAN(_dot_)EDU>
From:         perryw(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net
Subject:      Re: Zetec Temperature

What What What!

Also, what working directory should MHonArc be looking at? Right now, I have it running in a cron job every 5 minutes pulling stuff out of the digest-work dir for majordomo. This seems to delete messages after the digest has been sent out. Should I have it looking at the archive for the list every night? If so, how sould I convert it to something that MHonArc will understand (or will it understand it?)

I'd like the format of the MHonArc mailing list archive, but would like to have it broken up weekly if that's at all possible. Any ideas on how I could getup a resource file to do that? (didn't see anything in the docs about that one).

Thanks in advance for any help. From what I can tell, looks like ya'll have done a great job!
----
Perry Wolf
contour-l admin
< perryw(_at_)bellsouth(_dot_)net >