mhonarc-users

Anomolous header and repeat footer.

2000-01-27 17:23:12
Hello everyone.

I'm dealing with a couple mysteries that I don't seem to be able to
solve.  I'm using Mhonarc v2.4.4.

1) the Main Index Page is displaying HTML of an unkown origin.  in the
resource file, <header> is blank, and <listbegin> does not contain the
information that it is displaying.  the information that is being
displayed was at one time part of <listbegin>, but i removed it when it
began displaying the information twice, one directly under the other.
the same information is also contained in <thead>, but i've tried
editing <thead>, and it has no effect on the Main Index Page.

as a happy side-effect, the end result is exactly how i want it right
now :o)  i'm just rather perplexed as to why this is so.

2) this one is of a little more concern.  every time mhonarc updates the
Main Index Page, it appends another copy of <DOC> and <IDXPGEND>.  i've
set <NODOC>, but it continues to add aditional copies of <IDXPGEND>.
again, <FOOTER> is blank.  the result is:

<!--X-ML-Index-End-->
</BODY>
</HTML>
<!-- MHonArc v2.4.4 -->
</BODY>
</HTML>
<!-- MHonArc v2.4.4 -->
</BODY>
</HTML>
<!-- MHonArc v2.4.4 -->
</BODY>
</HTML>
<!-- MHonArc v2.4.4 -->
</BODY>
</HTML>
<!-- MHonArc v2.4.4 -->
</BODY>
</HTML>
<!-- MHonArc v2.4.4 -->

once for each time the archive is updated.  this is likely to be a
problem as new messages are processed as they come in.

this is the second archive I've setup on this machine.  the first
archive is also displaying the anamolous header behaviour, but not the
footer behaviour.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  i've been over my
resource file with a fine tooth comb, and either i'm overlooking
something, or the problem is elsewhere.

thank you.

Mick Szucs
Onramp Network Services Inc.