mhonarc-users

Re: Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

2000-03-01 09:04:19
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:29:06 +0100
   Brian Cameron <Brian(_dot_)Cameron(_at_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi Brian,

I am having a weird problem.  I notice when I convert the attached
email, that the output doesn't match my expectations.

I have included an example mail log as an attachment (inputmsg).
This only has one message in it, so it should be easy to check out
and see what I am talking about.

Note that the email message in this mail log has two lines of
equal signs acting as an ASCII frame around the "How to
unsubscribe..." message. However, the web page that MHonArc builds
changes these equal signs to ugly " " characters.  Weird.

To see this problem, run the following command (again note that
"inputmsg" is the attached file).  This command assumes you have a
subdirectory named "test" to put the MHonArc output file.
Obviously change this if you like.

  mhonarc -outdir ./test inputmsg

The problem seems to be that the emails have the following line in
the header

When I take this line out of the header, MHonArc leaves the equal
signs alone.

In case the qouted-printable line really is in the mail, then the
mail is not propery formatted as quoted-printable, otherwise the
equal characters should read =3D

Maybe the Listserv is not producing correct quoted-printable mails.

Is there an easier way to get MHonArc to leave the equal signs
alone instead of removing the "Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable" line from all offending emails?  Is this a bug in
MHonArc?

With best compliments

           Peter Seitz
--

  Graz University of Technology, Austria - Fac. f. Civil Engineering
  mailto:seitz(_at_)bzs(_dot_)tu-graz(_dot_)ac(_dot_)at -

            Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group
          Coordinator of the Pmail Translation Process
Bilingual support at the (Un)Official Pegasus Mail Support Site
Home:   http://wwwbzs.tu-graz.ac.at/software/pegasus/
Mirror: http://ftp.uni-mannheim.de/mirror/pmail/