mhonarc-users

Re: Customising

2000-05-31 14:57:39
Michael Acheson wrote:

I need to customise the index page (maillist.html). Do I have to
edit the idxpgbegin resource file. Where is this file to edit?

IdxPgBegin is not a file, it's a resource.

If you have to write it what do you save it as? Can someone give
me very simple step my step instructions on how to customise the
index page. For instance just tell me how I can make the
background white.

1.
Read the documentation, e.g.
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/rcfile.html
more carefully.

2.
Create a resource file. You can name it whatever you like.

3.
Paste the default setting of the IdxPgBegin resource, i.e.

<IdxPgBegin>
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>$IDXTITLE$</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>$IDXTITLE$</H1>
</IdxPgBegin>

into the resource file. (Copied from
http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/idxpgbegin.html.)

4.
Edit, e.g. exchange <BODY> for <BODY bgcolor="white">, i.e. just like
you would have done in any HTML page.

5.
Include
  -rcfile [resourcefilename]
in the command line when you run MHonArc.

/ Gunnar