mhonarc-users

Re: Unrecognized character sets: windows-1252 -- and us-asciixxx

2000-12-06 21:59:06
On December 5, 2000 at 18:37, Robert Hsiung wrote:

Looking at mhtxtplain.pl, it appears the text/plain filter only
keys off the CharsetConverters for "-decode-" charsets (note:
CharsetConverters are used for non-ASCII encoded data in message
headers).

... The filter should
probably be changed to key completely off CharsetConverters.

In the mean time, you can comment out the warning statement from
mhtxtplain.pl.

OK, I think I misunderstood what you meant before. The "-decode-"
business is complicated, so I'll just leave that to you. But instead
of commenting out the warning statement, I think I'll try to have it
emailed to me. That way, I'll still get them.

I've added on my recently growing TODO list to have the text/plain
filter completely use CHARSETCONVERTERS.

BTW, I received a different warning the other day:

Warning: Unrecognized character set:
us-ascii<002101c05b35$8e6aeba0$c581e0d8(_at_)fred>

Which seemed to have been generated by an email with this in the header:

Weird! I guess that person's email program didn't generate the header
correctly?

Maybe, maybe not.  Can you provide me a raw version of the message?
To avoid any munging by mailers, you can tar/gz or zip up the message
and send it as an attachment.