mhonarc-users

Re: Occasional problem with osinit.pl

2001-01-02 19:51:19
I am using mhonarc 2.4.6 from a .forward file on a linux system to
archive
a mailing list of about 1000 posts a month. About 20 times in the last
3000 or so messages I've gotten the following error message, and the
post
is not added to the archive.
<snip>
Command output: osinit.pl did not return a true value at
 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/mhamain.pl line 66. )

Which distribution of linux are you using?  Are you using the stock
version of perl that comes with it?  What is the version of perl?

My initial guess is you have a bad version of perl.  RedHat
distributions,
at least in the past, were known to have bad builds of perl.

I'm running Slackware 7.1 with perl 5.6.0. I can try rebuilding perl and
see what happens. Any other suggestions?

Thank you,
Mike Kopplin