mhonarc-users

Re: HTML headers & footers

2001-04-26 14:54:32
Hi,

Does anyone have any insight into giving the mail archive pages a little bit
nicer headers and/or footers,

Not sure what you mean. Do you mean "customized"?

If so, have a look at the "resources". You can make massive
customizations to the pages if you want.

For my own archive, I strip out ALL headers and footers from the
messages leaving only the body; this is then navigated from a FRAMESET
whereby clicking the message subject in the upper frame makes the
message appear below it. I also use just one CSS file to control the
formatting of the whole archive thus saving a LOT of unnecessary code.

I noticed that the documentation discourages
the use of the command HEADER?

Not sure what HEADER does? Is it a resource?

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)