mhonarc-users

Re: reversing order of long archive

2002-03-06 11:02:12
Thank you. That is what I needed to know. However, that reverses the mail
index, but the Thread index still remains in the same order. Is there
something else that I need to tweak.

Christopher Adams

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Earl Hood wrote:

On January 31, 2002 at 11:10, "Christopher A. Adams" wrote:

I have an archive of about 500 messages that were written in the default
mode of oldest first, newest last. I know how to reverse this for future
messages, but I am wondering if there is a way to do a batch reverse on
this archive to put the newest ones first?

Once you apply the resources to change the index ordering, the next
new message will cause the index to reflect the new ordering.

If you want the change to happen before a new message is added,
use the -editidx option on the archive along with your new settings.

--ewh

Christopher Adams
Automated Systems
Oregon State Library
chris(_at_)sparkie(_dot_)osl(_dot_)state(_dot_)or(_dot_)us