mhonarc-users

Re: Problems w/ permissions.

2002-07-10 12:36:27
On July 10, 2002 at 01:46, Peter Losher wrote:

I have been moving MHonArc archives to another box (using 2.5.6) and I have
had a devil of a time getting MHonArc to write the files with a umask of
644.  Currently it writes everything as with a umask of 022.  I have tried
adding -umask 644 to the command line, and it seemingly ignores it when
writing new files (and updating .mhonarcdb)

You have the meaning of umask reversed.  Try -umask 022 to have files
generated with permissions 644.