mhonarc-users

Re: Signal Caught SIGSEGV

2002-09-11 11:41:58
On September 11, 2002 at 08:42, "W3Hosts Development Team" wrote:

Is this bug caused by mistaken scalar reference in the command line?

No, it is a bug in perl.  Anytime perl crashes, it is a bug in perl,
unless the crash was due to a XS module since they have access to
the internals of perl.  However, MHonArc is written in pure Perl.

You are lucky that the signal handler actually worked.

---------
$ mhonarc -add -rcfile /home/archive/test(_at_)archive(_dot_)net/mail.mrc
-outdir
/home/archive/test(_at_)archive(_dot_)net/www/mail
This is MHonArc v2.5.11, Perl 5.00404 linux
--------------------------------^^^^^^^

An old version of perl.  What linux distribution are you using?
You may be using a bugging build if you are using the version of
perl provided with an older version of Redhat.  I got in the habit
of always building my own version of perl under Redhat.  However,
the RH 7.2 and 7.3 releases appear to have better builds of perl and
I have not experienced any real problems with them.

Attempt to free unreferenced scalar at
/home/mhonarc/src/MHonArc2.5.11/release/lib/perl5/site_perl/mhamain.pl line
92, <IN> chunk 1.

The line number is at an eval block.  So something within perl is
probably choking when the eval block is exited.

The only advice I can give you is to either rebuild perl from sources,
or better yet, upgrade to a newer version of perl.  Note, I have not
used Perl 5.4 (5.004x) in awhile, but the code that the debugger is
referencing has been the same for a long time.