mhonarc-users

Re: Encode off ISO-8859-1 ( chars like "vi" SF's ­- l - k 'E' )

2003-04-04 02:19:40
I think that it is windows-1252, windows-1252 is verry common in denmark,
and if i set the used charset in Outlook is set to windows-1252 ( in danish
it's vesteuropæisk( Windows )  it works like a charm. The default in Outlook
Express is vesteuropæisk( ISO)/Iso-8859-1.

If I use CHARSETALIASES for iso-8859-1 to set it to windows-1252  i wil get
other troble with true iso-8859-1 messages ?
Is the solution ( for me ) not to "just" change the tabel for iso-8859 to
definde the missing chars ( only in my location ) - the chars that gives me
troble are all replaced with '?'

Birger Mortensen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Earl Hood" <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com>
To: <mhonarc-users(_at_)mhonarc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 11:15 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Encode off ISO-8859-1 ( chars like "vi" SF's ­- l - k
'E' )

The problem has to do with Microsoft Outlook Express.  The HTML part of
the message has the incorrect charset specification.  It states that
the text data is iso-8859-1, but it contains code points not defined
by iso-8859-1.  It appears that the real charset is windows-1250,
or something similiar.

If this problem is common with the messages you archive in your locale,
you may need to use the CHARSETALIASES resource to alias iso-8859-1
to a windows-specifc character set.