mhonarc-users

apache with mod_ssl conection problem

2003-09-04 04:58:20
Hi,

I just tried to set up a reverse proxy with apache in order to serve
a backend application server with SSL:

request schema:          (client)  -- https -->  (reverse proxy)   -- htpps -->
(application server )

client : IBM OS2 ,  ip : 1.2.3.4
reverse proxy server:  redhat 7.3, apache 2.0.47 mod_ssl  2.0.47 OpenSSL 0.9.7b,
ip: 1.2.3.5
application server:   NT 4.0, IBM WebSphere 5.0,  ip: 1.2.3.106
ssl communikation port: 9443

problem description:

The application server require a user authentification every 8 seconds (refresh
cycle for jsp-application).
After this time the session will be closed and the client browser wil restart
with the login page (start page).
In the application server log-file we have a loging entry like: "LOGIN failed".

Why the client authentification will be refused.
How can i store the session key ?.. or where is my fault ?

The parts of my httpd.conf that seem relevant look like:

Listen 10.11.35.45:9443

<IfDefine SSL>
   Listen 9443
   AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
   AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl
   SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin
   SSLSessionCache         dbm:/opt/apache2/logs/ssl_scache
   SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300
   SSLMutex  file:/opt/apache2/logs/ssl_mutex
   SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
   SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
</IfDefine>

#NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.5

### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
# Reverse Proxy Entry
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.5:9443>
ServerName 1.2.3.5:9443
ErrorLog /opt/apache2/logs/ssl/ssl-error.log
CustomLog /opt/apache2/logs/ssl/secured_access.log "combined"

 ProxyRequests on
 SSLProxyEngine on
  ProxyPass             /     https://1.2.3.106:9443/
  ProxyPassReverse      /     https://1.2.3.106:9443/

  SSLEngine on
  SSLProxyProtocol all
  SSLProxyCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:
+eNULL
  SSLCertificateFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
  SSLCertificateKeyFile /opt/apache2/conf/ssl.key/server.key
  SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0
  LogLevel debug
 </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>
# End of Reverse Proxy Entry

AddDefaultCharset Off
SSLEngine off
..

have someone a idea or a tip for me ?

i would be very pleased by some help.

Thank a lot
Ibrahim

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte
Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind
oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte
Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail
in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
this e-mail is strictly forbidden.