mhonarc-users

Re: Creating a new archive from only msgxxxxx.html files???

2003-11-10 08:57:16
gac wrote:
A service provider hosted a list for and maintained an archive
using MHonarc. I recently moved my list to my own site. Previous
provider sent me a file of all the msgxxxx.html messages only.

I installed MHonArc-2.6.8 using the quick start instruction but did
not further configuration. How do I build a new archive by date,
thread with a simple search?

You may want to try

    http://www.albany.net/~anthonyw/mhonarc/mhn2mbox

to create a pseudo mbox file from the msgxxxx.html files, and then
create a MHonArc archive out from that.

Note that MHonArc in itself does not include any search functionality.

Could someone provide all the commands with various options and configuration steps for me to do this.

All the commands and configuration possibilities are described in the
MHonArc documentation.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson