mhonarc-users

Re: MhonArc, Glimpse and WebGlimpse

2003-12-04 16:01:07

On Thursday, December 4, 2003, at 01:26 PM, gac wrote:

The format is:

    Deny regexp

I cannot seem to get the files such thrdxxxx.html, mailxxx.html to be
excluded. I can successfully exclude other files such as those end in an
extension such as:

   Deny \.gif$

are xxxx numbers only (I don't have access at this moment to the box I'm using MHonArc on)?

If so, you should be able to do:

        Deny thrd\d+\.html

You can also do just plain old:

        Deny thrd.+\.html
        Deny mail.+\.html

'.' by itself matches any characted (except newline, usually). The '.+' means "match one or more characters". So this says "match the characters 'thrd', followed by at least one, but up to any number of other characters, then match a period, then the characters 'html'".

HTH,
Ricky