mhonarc-users

Re: Looking to share cost of MHonArc customisation

2003-12-14 14:06:45
Further to my previous email, I'm now looking to get some customisation
of MHonArc done professionally to add a required feature. The work would
involve adding an option to a resource file, whereby the amount of disk
space that an archive occupied could be limited. It would function
similar to the MAXSIZE option, where old messages are removed to make
way for new ones, but obviously would work as a function of disk space
rather than number of messages.

Hi Andy,

   If you're using a UNIX system, this wouldn't be too difficult to
   implement in procmail.  You could have a recipe that determines the
   message size, adds it to a running total that's stored in a file,
   then does something if the running total is too high.

   The only problem that I can see is that the disk space utilized
   wouldn't be exact; it would be based on the size of the original
   message, not the size of the message once attachments have been
   converted, the message has been HTML-ized, etc.  But it would be a
   decent approximation.

   Let me know if you want more details and I'll post them to the list.

Chris