mhonarc-users

Re: <pre> tags problematic

2004-05-07 14:37:24
On May 6, 2004 at 23:38, "Terry Ally" wrote:

I also tried the other option which you recommended:

<MIMEArgs>
m2h_text_plain::filter; attachcheck quote htmlcheck maxwidth=90 target=_blank
</MIMEArgs>

Add the "nonfixed" option if you do not want <pre> formatting plain
text messages.

When I email from another email programme which has

the results are terrible ... all the HTML code is showing up on the page.

Check your MIMEFILTERS setting to see if you have the m2h_text_plain
filter registered for text/html media-type.

   >  absolutely sure, but I suspect that the <pre> tags are occurring
because
   >  you are using the default MIMALTPREFS resource settings. According
to the docs,
   >  the default is to prefer plain text. See:
   >  http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/doc/resources/mimealtprefs.html

Incorrect.  The default setting for MIMEALTPREFS is nil.  Therefore,
the preference semantics employed are those defined in the MIME
specification.